Due to the nature of all activities within our centre, here at Climb West Melbourne we have a MINIMUM AGE of 10 to use our facilities.
Safety Induction Video
Climb West Gift Vouchers
Give the gift of Climbing or Yoga!
Covid-19 and Climbing Indoors – Terms & Conditions
- Face masks must be worn at all times while you are not climbing.
- Age Limit 10+
- We will be operating under a ‘No loose chalk’ policy. Liquid chalk is allowed. You are able to purchase liquid chalk at the gym.
- Payment will be taken upon arrival. We will only be accepting card payments. NO CASH.
- Wash/Sanitise your hands before and after your climbing session.
- Sanitiser must also be used after every climb.
- Climbing shoes must also be sanitised before use. Sanitiser will be provided.
- Stay home if you feel unwell. If you have a fever, cough, or difficultly breathing, please stay home and seek medical care if needed.
- All staff and climbers to maintain social distancing of 1.5m.
- You will be able to hire shoes. These items will then be appropriately sanitised between users.
WHAT IS BOULDERING?
Bouldering is a form of rock climbing where a person will climb no higher than 4.5m without the aid of ropes.
Most climbers use climbing shoes to help secure footholds, chalk to keep their hands dry and to provide a firmer grip, and bouldering mats to prevent injuries from falls.
CLIMB WEST MELBOURNE IS THE FIRST AND ONLY DEDICATED BOULDERING GYM IN ALTONA AND MELBOURNE’S WEST.
Years ago, Bouldering and Rock Climbing were classified as extreme sports. Only “dangerous people” and “experts in the field” would take part. However, every year more and more people are trying these adventurous sports, which are now seen as “fun” and “trendy” ways to increase fitness and overall health. Bouldering has gone from being extreme to mainstream, and these gyms are now even becoming more of a “social hub” rather than just a place to simply climb. The sport will make its Olympic debut in Tokyo 2020.
Our Walls have been manufactured by City Wall. We have an arch, free-standing boulder, slab and a variety of angles to climb on!
We have selected our holds carefully to ensure there is a great range among all climbing grades. We have selected holds from 360, Kilter, Flathold, Cheeta and Kingdom.