BOULDERING & INDOOR ROCK CLIMBING GYM MELBOURNE
Due to the nature of all activities within our centre, here at Climb West Melbourne we have a MINIMUM AGE of 13 to use our facilities.
Covid-19 and Climbing Indoors – Terms & Conditions
- You must book a session prior to arriving at the gym.
- Payment will be taken on arrival. We will only be accepting card payments. NO CASH.
- If it is your first time visiting us, you will need to complete the legal waiver (below) online before you arrive. You will also be taken through a mandatory safety briefing with one of our staff upon arrival.
- Wash/sanitise your hands before and after your climbing session.
- Climbing shoes must be sanitised before use. Sanitiser will be provided.
- Stay home if you feel unwell. If you have a fever, cough, or difficultly breathing, please stay home and seek medical care if needed.
- Sessions will be 2 hours long.
- Maximum of 20 customers in our climbing gym at any time, during mandated Phase II recovery plan. This will change in the next phase of recovery.
- You will need to wait outside until your session time and then leave promptly at the end of your session.
- All staff and climbers to maintain social distancing of 1.5m.
- A cleaning protocol will occur between sessions.
- You will be able to hire shoes. These items will then be appropriately sanitised between users.
- Water refill station is closed. Please ensure you bring your own water bottle.
- We will be operating under a ‘No loose chalk’ policy. Liquid chalk is allowed.
- You will still be able to use our strength training area. This area can be used during your session. There will be cleaning procedures in place after using equipment that all users must follow.
- Our Yoga Classes will be running with a maximum of 10 people. Class sizes are reduced to allow for appropriate social distancing measures. Please bring your own mat or towel. We cannot share equipment.
For further information please refer directly to Australian health department COVID-19
Email enquiries: email@example.com
WHAT IS BOULDERING?
Bouldering is a form of rock climbing where a person will climb no higher than 4.5m without the aid of ropes.
While bouldering can be done without any equipment, most climbers use climbing shoes to help secure footholds, chalk to keep their hands dry and to provide a firmer grip, and bouldering mats to prevent injuries from falls.
CLIMB WEST MELBOURNE IS THE FIRST AND ONLY DEDICATED BOULDERING GYM IN ALTONA AND MELBOURNE’S WEST.
Years ago, Bouldering and Rock Climbing were classified as extreme sports. Only “dangerous people” and “experts in the field” would take part. However, every year more and more people are trying these adventurous sports, which are now seen as “fun” and “trendy” ways to increase fitness and overall health. Bouldering has gone from being extreme to mainstream, and these gyms are now even becoming more of a “social hub” rather than just a place to simply climb. The sport will make its Olympic debut in Tokyo 2020.
We are home to Australia’s first and ONLY Train To Climb!
Train To Climb is a coordination wall that allows you to practice a wide range of specific dynamic movements and climbing skills.
It is designed for all people of all abilities and is an effective way to learn about your stronger and weaker side in many different situations. It will help you to analyse movement and systematically improve both sides.
Our Walls have been manufactured by City Wall. We have an arch, free-standing boulder, slab and a variety of angles to climb on!
We have selected our holds carefully to ensure there is a great range among all climbing grades. We have selected holds from 360, Kilter, Flathold, Cheeta and Kingdom.